The latest mobile app market no longer seems to be limited to only the general users. It has now extended its reach to the institutional and business users. This dynamic, progressive, and ever-expanding industry along with its immense opportunities for generating revenue has attracted business conglomerates apart from the usual customers. No other job could be more fulfilling, challenging, and greener than that of a mobile app developer’s. This actually, refers to an app developer who is competent in designing, building or maintaining mobile apps for predominantly Android and iOS platforms. There are, however, numerous other platform options such as Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, and Psion. But the two giants namely Android and iOS are grabbing over 99.3 % of the entire market.
Reasons that Inspire You to Become a Mobile App Developer
- The attraction of designing something innovative, novel, and fresh.
- The golden chance of reinventing the manner in which mobile technology is being utilized.
- In reality, mobile app developers could be working from anywhere they wish as long as they have access to a good SDK and a stable Internet connectivity.
The Desired Skill-Set
A mobile app developer must essentially possess sound knowledge and proficiency in software development skills. He must possess a bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science or some other allied discipline such as Mobile Computing, Software Engineering, and Mobile Application Development etc. Here are some of the basic app development skills you are expected to master.
- A sound knowledge in the principles of stable and secure software designing
- A thorough understanding of the lifecycle and software development process
- Exposure to and experience in some development methodology
Training programs: You could complete relevant training programs from a college or university. Moreover, there are certain reputed online training providers who specialize in mobile app development. You could pursue training programs such as ‘Certified iOS App Developer’ or ‘Certified Android App Developer’ offered by Simplilearn. These types of app development training programs would help you stay abreast with the latest in the industry.
Certifications: At present there are only three accredited certifications in mobile application development.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
- CompTIA Mobile App Security+
If you wish to join a reputable Mobile App Development Company in Mumbai you need to stay updated on the relevant knowledge pertaining to the domain.
Some Key Responsibilities of a Mobile App Developer
A competent mobile app developer would need to take care of a few key responsibilities. He would be responsible for:
- Developing, testing and improving mobile apps
- Maintaining functionality and quality as per client’s requirements
- Writing code for apps
- Designing and developing the app’s interface
- Conveying unique ideas and designs to group members
There is a constant demand for an innovative and novel mobile app and this demand seems to be growing rapidly. As such, there exist plenty of job opportunities for talented and competent budding mobile app developers either as a freelancer or as full-time employees in any reputed app development company.
Author Bio: Walter Moore is a passionate blogger and an experienced mobile app developer. He wishes to encourage amateur app developers. He recommends a reliable Mobile App Development Company in Mumbai for professional and competent services.